Friday, November 6, 2015

Disability & Insurance

Time for a vent

So, we have Critical Illness insurance. I'm looking into filing a claim 'cause my poor husband can only work so much in order to pay for all my treatments. Technically, I was diagnosed Positive for Babesia two months before we got the insurance, found out I had Lyme from a microscope 1 month before we got it, and just found out I have 3 other infectious diseases. I guess only one of which is CDC actually "POSITIVE". So there are so many stupid loopholes and pitfalls or whatever you want to call them. I am SO SICK yet don't really have proof??? I will talk to my doc and see if she can look into it for me. But she's an Osteopath, not an actual MD. Does that matter?

Also, I was looking into disability lawyers and found "Only taking cases for people older than 30 and younger than 65". SERIOUSLY?? I am 29. So what does that mean??? Try again in 2 months when I actually turn 30? Then what proof do I have that I need financial assistance??? My MRI's don't show much as far as my wrecked pelvis ligament. No imaging can show my hidden injury. My chiropractor is the only one who can feel it. And my diseases are hidden, too!

HOW HOW HOW am I ever going to get help when I can't prove I need help?? The CDC and insurance companies and everything that is supposed to be there to help people like me, so far, are impossible to get through to.

I just don't know what to do. I'm such a "gray area", yet sicker and in more pain than some people who are on disability.

I want to work. I want to dance and swim and walk my dogs and pick up my son. I WANT to work. I don't want to sit on my butt collecting disability. But I need to collect something. I'll just have to pray.

(Sorry if this post doesn't make sense. My brain fog and sensory overload is severe right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment